When a loved one suffers from dementia, you want to give them the right home care for seniors with all the assistance they need. In many cases, family caregivers work or have children to care for, making their schedule limited. Even if you have the time to give round-the-clock care to your loved one, you might not have the skills necessary to give proper assistance in certain areas.
Thankfully, you can now customize the in-home and outside care your loved one receives so that it’s tailored to their individual needs and fills the gaps left by what you can’t provide. Some of the options you now have include:
● In-home help for meal preparation: You can hire someone to come in and prepare nutritious, tasty meals that work around all dietary restrictions.
● Therapeutic enrichment programs designed and administered by professionals: Mental stimulation is vital to the health and happiness of your loved one. Programs designed and administered by a professional can give them the stimulation they need without frustrating or stressing them out.
● Daily living assistance: Eating, dressing, bathing and other activities of daily living can be very difficult for seniors with dementia. If you have to work or care for other family members, you may not be there to help them 24/7. Calling a professional in to do these activities when you’re not there will ensure your loved one gets all the attention he or she needs while allowing them to still live independently.
● Transportation services: Many local senior care centers and programs can help by providing free or discounted travel to doctor appointments and to other medical facilities.
● Senior daycare: If you need to drop your loved one off somewhere while you run errands or work, you can enroll them in a senior day care program. This will allow your loved one the opportunity to socialize and take part in fun activities while getting assistance at meal time and with medications.
● Household maintenance services: These professionals provide housekeeping and laundry services and will also take care of grocery shopping, running errands, small home repairs and gardening.
No matter what level of home care for seniors your loved one needs, you can find a service in the Bay Area that provides it on a schedule that works with your own at Providence Care.